Tuesday, August 11, 2009

musterdseed faith.


I've been running around lately. Trying to get this done that faxed off this applyed for that mailed in this paid for that painted and so on.All these things are overwhelming sometimes. I look at this huge heep of things I have to do and I just want to give up. It seems like there is always fore and i can never get ahead. Ever felt like this?

As many of you know I will be moving away to bible college. I am pretty pumped for this but there are a ton of things that i have to finish before hand. It seems impossible it really does. But on sunday morning in church a lady shared her testamony about how God took her impossible sitsuation and made it happen. There were certian things in her testimony that made me tear up and want to cry. Not cause i felt bad or sad for her, but for two reasons. The first was how i need to trust God and let him be the captin of my ship. The second was me noticing what God did in her life and comparing it to what he is going to do in my life. If he could take her sitsuation and make it possible he could take mine and do the same.

I got accepted for a student loan. I didn't think i would. I got that e-mail in the morning and was happy all day because it was going to cover all of my schooling plus some. Later that day i received a phone call saying i had a 700$ bill in collections and if i didn't pay it by the 20h they were going to ding my credit.... uh oh. so i asked my boss how much my next pay cheque is going to be.... 300$ (gotta love taking time off for camp) this will cover almost half of that bill. So now i start to stress out. i need another 400 or i am going to have bad credit. Am i worried right now? no cause i have to trust in God. He is my provider. My shelter.

For awhile i felt oh God why me woa is me blah blah blah. But after a talk with my neighbor (without knowing anything about any of my situations, other then I'm moving) she started to speak about how when we think woa is me why me God there could be a few different reasons.

1- God retaliating on your disobedience
2.- God preparing you for something you may face in the future (wether it be a testimony that saves someone or a bigger situation where you have to use what you have learnt)
3- God trying to help you trust him

So throughout the next 2.5 weeks I have a ton of stuff to do and i need to trust and have faith in God to be able to accomplish these things.
Faith is belief in something you can't physically trust


1 comment:

prayerwarrior said...

Hey James:

I pray daily for you and your walk with The Lord and the steps through the future with God always there within reach for you. The cool thing that I think of is the times when one feels they just can not go another step, for whatever reasons, maybe because of the constant obstacles or the heavy burdens, non of these are too great for God. PLUS when we can not walk any further, God in His absolute kindness and graciousness, carries us until we can. True we go through stuff and have unexpected obstacles, which are not fun however the character building that goes on through this process, "priceless". Hang in there God is always great and we are always there to pray for you. I am. :)
Ingeborg